The AREA is uniquely placed to provide neutral processes, guidance, legal ownership of and funding opportunities for research. This charter permits the research committee to define and manage research projects to the benefit of its members, the AR in Enterprise industry and the Continual Advancement of AR Technologies which is often difficult to implement by any single company. The AREA Research Committee also supports members’ exchange of knowledge, discussion of research activities organized by and for members.
Research committee responsibilities
- Capture: Encourage, promote and co-ordinate research topics and proposals from AREA members
- Manage: Ensure the most appropriate research proposals are chosen. Manage the process to ensure the best results are gained
- Deliver: Disseminate information about the status and the results of committee task forces, interest groups and research projects, ensuring the needs of the members are met whilst continuing to benefit the wider AR ecosystem
Take a look at the information video below for more on the aims and purpose of the committee.
The Research Committee is chaired by , .
And, within the Research Committee:
- The Human Factors Interest Group is chaired by Jon Kies of Qualcomm
- The Research about AREA Member Research Priorities (precursor to the AREA Research Agenda) is being conducted by Peter Orban and Christine Perey
Any person in the employment of an AREA member organization in good standing can request to join the Research Committee. Participants’ e-mail addresses are added to the committee mailing list, receive calendar invitations to monthly meetings, are recognized during roll call and invited to contribute to the discussion on any agenda item. In addition, members are encouraged to serve in a leadership capacity in a variety of ways, as time and interest permit.
Reasons to participate
- Receive notifications about upcoming research committee meetings, webinars and projects
- Contribute to the continual advancement of AR technologies, methodologies for research and usage
- Learn how AREA members are addressing key obstacles to AR adoption in enterprise environments
- Ensure that most appropriate research topics are selected and best research results achieved
- Demonstrate thought leadership to and support the development of AREA members and the enterprise AR ecosystem
Find out more about the Research Committee here and let us know if you have any queries or suggestions by emailing us at email@example.com